Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Aubrey update (continued)

Aubrey is such a delight. She surprises us everyday with all the things she has learned.

Aubrey has reached another developmental milestone - - she can draw some shapes, letters, faces and a kite. On her wipe-board easel above, she has drawn a circle and then the features of "clown" (as she calls it). He has hair, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, and a bow tie. Can you see it?

For a while now, Aubrey has been trying to write letters. She can clearly write the letters "O, C, I, and L." She also moves her chalk or crayons up and down and around until she can make them look like other letters such as "W, M, N, D, and P." Mommy was shocked when Aubrey started perfectly writing the letter "H." Mommy then showed her how to add the letter "I" to spell "Hi." (Although she sometimes puts the "I" on the left side instead of the right.)


Aubrey is playing on her friend MacKenzie's new trampoline.

Aubrey called out for help when she got "stuck" at the top of the ladder on MacKenzie's playground (i.e. she couldn't figure out how to get down). Afterwards, our polite little girl said, "Thank you for helping me down, Mommy."

Aubrey ran to get her rake from her sandbox to help Mommy do a little yard work.

She never told me what she was looking for, but I could not resist getting this picture of Aubrey surrounded by all of the toys from her toy box in our family room.

Aubrey breaks out into song all day long. She directs Mommy to "sing it" when she hears a song that she doesn't know and occasionally makes up songs. Here, she is singing, "Itsy, bitsy spider."

Aubrey likes to pretend to swim by laying in the bathtub on her back or belly - - "Look, Mommy! I swimming!"

No comments: