"Me help you" - when she needs us to help her with something;
"I know dat song" - when she hears a song in church, on TV, or Mommy singing;
"Please" - She picked this up on her own from hearing us. She says this at all the appropriate times, like when she wants us to give her something or do something with her (toy, read books, play, etc.);
"Thank you" - She just picked this up, too, and says this when we hand her her cup, or food, or a toy she wants. We are so spoiled!
"Be careful Aubrey/Mommy" - when we're going up the stairs or walking in the parking lot.
"Need little bacuum [vacuum]" - when there are crumbs on her tray or floor or when she has made a mess;
"Need tissue" - when she cries;
"Need blow dryer" - when her shirt has gotten wet from brushing her teeth or when our clothes are wet from the rain, etc.;
"Kiss it" or "Rub it, feel better" or "Need ice" - when she gets a boo-boo;
"I need that!" or "I needs it!" - her 2-year old independence is beginning to show when she says this;
"Awww, sweet baby" - when she hugs an object or person;
"Mama's/Daddy's turn" - when we're playing or when she's being asked to do something she's never done before;
"Mama/Daddy, get up!" - when she wants us to play catch (she won't let us play sitting down);
"Do 'gin" -stands for "Do it again";
"I too big" or "I can't do it" or "I can't reach it" - she lowers her head and pitifully says this when she truly can't do something OR when she doesn't want to do something;
Aubrey also loves to sing now (or have you sing for her). Her favorites are "ABCs," "Old McDonald," "Butterfly, Butterfly" from Barney's video, "Rock-a-bye Baby" (she calls it "Cradle Rock), and "If I Only Had a Brain" (she calls it the "Scarecrow" song) from the Wizard of Oz (which she calls Wizza Boz).
No comments:
Post a Comment