Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to post of the drama, but I just had to write about our experience....
Last Saturday morning, Aubrey and Mommy shared a couple of packages of Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Apple and Cinnamon flavored, as we often do. I don't normally like this flavor, but I remember thinking that it was actually pretty good that day. Aubrey didn't eat much of hers, which is unusual, so Jeff began wiping off her mouth and hands (picture our 2-year-old, eating oatmeal by herself, getting it all around her mouth from poor aiming of her spoon, and occasionally getting it in her hair). Anyway, within a minute, there were red streaks coming from her mouth onto her cheeks. Perplexed, we checked the rag to see if there was something on it that might have scratched her, etc. When we took Aubrey into the bathroom to thoroughly wash all of her face, we noticed little brown flecks of cinnamon within the streaks on her cheeks. We can only determine that the oatmeal had a very high concentration of cinnamon or some other ingredient that inflamed her skin (it looked more like a burn instead of an allergic reaction to something). This would also explain why Mommy thought it was a particularly delicious bowl of oatmeal (yumm). Thankfully, Aubrey wasn't as bothered by it as we were.
On Monday, Mommy called Quaker to report the incident (and get some replacement coupons).
No comments:
Post a Comment