Sunday, April 19, 2009

"...the best gift you could ever give Aubrey is a sibling." - Ruthann Hartman, 2008

My beautiful cousin, Ruthann, who is the amazing mother of four wonderful little boys (yes, I said "four"), made this profound statement to me only 2 months before becoming pregnant with Addison. It was in response to my concern that a sibling would only take away from Aubrey's life instead of enhance it. I wondered, "How am I going to spend quality time with two children? Will they be in constant competition with one another or be best friends?, etc."

And although we're still challenged with the daily dance of child-rearing, playtime, housework, and rest, I know that Aubrey's life - and our life - is more fulfilled by bringing Addison into this world.

Aubrey is checking Addison's "heartbeep." Addison is enjoying all of the attention.

Aubrey is showing us how she dances with Addison.


We've seen firsthand how subsequent children become guinea pigs for older children - - Aubrey has dressed Addison in Snow White's shoes, a scarf, and Mr. Potato Head's glasses.

We couldn't be more pleased with Aubrey's acceptance of Addison. They truly love each other very much.

No comments: